[Trlog] TR for linux open source version

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR for linux open source version
From: Kevin Schmidt <w9cf@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:58:33 -0700
I have uploaded version 0.40 of the linux version of TR. While this
version fixes a small bug in the CTY.DAT file download option for post,
the major new development is that Tree has graciously agreed to make
the code open source. So if you have had problems with previous binary
distributions, or want to compile for the Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone or
other ARM processor etc., you can now try compiling the source.

I have placed a gzipped tar file of the source under the Gnu general
public license on <http://www.kkn.net/trlinux/> along with the usual
binary distributions.

The source is not yet set up with autotools, etc. so you will have to
check that you have the required libraries and modify the Makefiles by
hand if they do not match your system.

You will need the free pascal compiler to compile. I mostly use version
2.6.2. The libraries needed besides the standards ones are all included
by default in most distributions. These are libieee1284, libsndfile,
libusb-1.0, libcurl.

With K5TR's help, my main git repository has been moved to github.
This has all the changes starting from September 2013 when I migrated from
cvs to git.  The clone URL is <https://github.com/trlinux/trlinux.git>. I
am working on a few other things on separate local branches on my shack
computer, but those branches are not in the master repository.

73 Kevin w9cf