Dealing with limeted IRQ's

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Dealing with limeted IRQ's
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:44:40 -0500
Tyler K3MM wrote:
>It's a pretty good little article for Windows 95 users.
>
>However, the recommended multi serial port card is a 5 or 6 hundred dollar
>card!  That's ridiculous.

  This just happened to be the serial port card Wayne has. He isn't suggesting
  anyone get this card..  There are some cards like the TC-212 and TC-400
  cards that are around $55.00 each and if you buy 3 or more you can get
  them cheaper.. See Bruce WT4I's home page on comports:
http://www5.palmnet.net/~wt4i/ComPort.html
  So there are budget cards available.. Here is a sample of what's on
  WT4I's Web Page:     Byte Runner Technologies

The communication ports I use are from Byte Runner Technologies. These
were bought in a group purchase in order to take advantage of Byte Runner's
quantity discounts. We found that we could get serial ports for around
$10/port in card quantities of ten. (They also have a pretty good price
break on quantities of 3 cards.) I chose two different cards to get the 6
ports I required. Ports 1 and 2 are on a model TC-212 card while ports 3-6
are on a model TC-400 card. Both are regular ISA bus cards.

>I've seen some high speed cards around that share interupts and are under
>$100, but havent tried one yet.  I'll have to do that soon.
>
>73, Ty K3MM

  73's de Ron K5DJ