RTTY TVI/Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RTTY TVI/Problem
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:53:57 -0500
>Previously, with the help of several elmers, I cleared
>up all of my TVI/Phone problems when using cw and ssb with toroids,
>a hi pass filter and a brute force unit from R.S. I just
>recently began working with rtty (afsk) and lo and behold, my
>signal can be heard on the phone and on the tv speaker even
>when the tv is off. It is an instant on set.  When I unplug
>the set from the wall, there is no rtty signal heard from
>the speaker.  During the JARTS test this weekend, my son
>complained that I was even coming thru on his computer speakers
>when they were on.
>Other than not doing rtty, how do I fix this?
>
>Thanks,
>Wayne  AJ5M  ehayes@vnet.ibm.com

   RTTY/SSB/CW TVI has always been a problem, however I have cleaned up
   mine with toroid/shielded beads from PCS Electronics..  These are cut
   for the TV bands. They also work on my phones etc.  My station is about
   50 feet from the main TV set with an RCA VCR with Plastic case on top of
   it. My Grand kids watch cartoon tapes when I'm contesting all the time.
   I use an Alpha 87A amp with 1500 watts out. Every now and then he says
   he can see a line or two cross the screen when I have my antenna in a
   certain direction..  When I first moved in to my present qth my CBer
   neighbor (running more power than I do.) had the neighborhoods all stired
   up.. I sent out post cards for a 2 block area around my house saying I was
   a ham and if they had any kind of TVI problems to get in touch so I could
   fix the problem, where it came from my station or not. I had about 15 calls
   I fixed all problems and became a respected neighbor that could solve
   this kind of problems.. :-)  I haven't had a single complaint of my towers,
   antennas or TVI of any kind since. I not saying this is a sure cure but I
   have never seen TVI that I can't cure using the below toroids..  Address,
phone number below..  It's been a while since I ordered any but they cost
   about $8.50 for 10 when I ordered then last...

        PCS ELECTRONICS
        677 PALAMAR AV.
        SUNNYVALE, CA. 94086
        1-408-737-1333