California QSO party in-state scoring

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: California QSO party in-state scoring
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 12:59:21 -0000
The 9.12 version of the CQP in-state scoring gives you 10x the points per
QSO you deserve. You can either brag to your friends or get the fix:

The fix is at:
        http://www.contesting.com/writelog/Downloads/caliqin.zip

Instructions:
1. download the file
2. make sure WL is NOT running
3. unzip its contents into your \ham\programs folder

One other question has come up about logging rovers for CQP: The
"rover" handling takes care of rovers inside CA, not those outside.
That is, if you are inside California and you work a mobile in TX. And
then he moves to LA and you work him again, WL doesn't recognize
that kind of rover. There is a workaround. Log the QSO. WL will
record it as a dupe. Then edit the CALL field to something slightly
different for each QSO. Say, W5XD-1 for the first one and W5XD-2
for the second.

That is, if that's what the rules allow. I didn't read them carefully,
but I don't remember anything in them about allowing for rovers
outside CA.

WL does correctly handle roving stations within CA whether you
are an entrant from withing CA or without.

Wayne
W5XD