ALT-K Keyboard Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: ALT-K Keyboard Problem
From: duerbusc@mvp.net (Joseph J. Duerbusch)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:21:00 +0000
Hi, during last weekends SSCW contest I had a problem with the Keyboard
sending feature.

1.  Hitting ALT-K only sometimes brought up the keyboard window.  Most
of the time I had to goto the toolbar menu to bring it up.  I was trying
to leave the keyboard window up on the screen because I never coded all
the messages for repeating my Section, Call, CK.  So when a station
asked for some missing information I just gave the focus to the
keyboard window and filled in the missing information.

2.  The other problem was that even though I never closed the keyboard
window, it would disappear.  I don't know what caused that.  I would
just look up and it would be gone??  Then back to the toolbar menu and
bring it back up.  It always would disappear just before the qso that
someone would ask for a repeat of something.  The window would stay open
for several qso's before disappearing.  Any thought's???

Joe K0BX