[WL-USERS] filtering those spots

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] filtering those spots
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:31:13 -0000
It's easy to reset any filter:
set/nofilter/band=(all) all

I prefer this method. Jim, I don't know abt the nodes up your way,
but here in FRC-land, there are frequently 20+ users connected to
each node during the big contests. As frequent as the packet
spots come, there tends to be backups, timeouts from packet
collisions, etc. Decreasing the amount of data broadcasted by the
node, and subsequent ACKs, helps.

In an ideal packet world, where the nodes and users all run 9600
baud, or greater, this probably wouldn't matter.
73 Barry

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com