[WL-USERS] Re Sound Card DVK

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] Re Sound Card DVK
From: SBertuzzo@clearnet.com (Serge Bertuzzo)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:07:55 -0400
Fellow WL users,

Just downloaded my copy of the software and am quite impressed with it.

I am using a TS850S transceiver and when I attempt to playback a recording
(one that I created in the sound recorder) when I am in monitor mode on the
radio, I can only hear bits and pieces of my recording. Do I not have my
level set correctly for output from the soundcard?.

I do have another question regarding use of the soundcard as a DVK.  I
looked at the help file but cannot understand how to create a file that will
send out the call,serial number etc...

I have created individual .wav files with each of the letter of the alphabet
and numbers.

Further, the instructions indicate that you must create a wav file with the
function key number associated with it then add a %C (C for callsign etc..)
MY question is how does one create this file?  Not very familiar with DVK
and the sound files in general as you can see.

As a supplemental question, the help file also makes reference to the fact
that you can record on the fly by typing Shift+Fn and end the recording by
typing Escape.  I tried this but could not get it to work.

I guess you can tell that I am also a newbie with computers?

Any detailed help on the above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Serge VA3SB