[WL-USERS] FSK Stop Bit Setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WL-USERS] FSK Stop Bit Setup
From: w1zt@arrl.net (George C. Johnson)
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 07:15:55 -0400
Hi Michael & Wayne

Sorry I arrived home too late last night to be able to run the tests.  I
will be able to do it tonight.  Let me know when you are ready; which I
assume is after taking your Mom to the airport.

Wayne, it sounds like you and Michael have zeroed in on the timing
behavior like a laser guided bomb!!  I smiled at your comment about Bill
Gates' "practices" but also understand that we all still have to live in
the same world.  I also have WriteLog which I am just now able to run
with my station.  I needed to upgrade my ham computer to Win95 to make
the transition.  I am looking forward to trying it for RTTY.  Michael
has convinced me to try FSK vs. AFSK to take advantage of my IC 765 RTTY
filters.  At present I use RITTY with WF1B for AFSK contesting and RITTY
alone for DXing.  I want to switch over to WriteLog for all of my
contesting and Ron sent me a copy last fall but I could not switch the
computer to take advantage of it until now.  I will also need to
subscribe to the reflector and see if I need to do any update since last
October.

Good luck with your testing.  I just opened another email and Michael, I
see you were able to track down 4L1BR and work him with the new patch.
That's great!  That's the best evidence of success.  But I will call
when I get home later today and we can run the RITTY measurement.

73, George .. W1ZT