[WriteLog] Copying Writelog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Copying Writelog?
From: k5dj@contesting.com (Ron Stailey)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
At 18:15 7/25/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> Here's another naive question from new user.
>>
>> To copy Writelog from another computer, how many and what size files
>> should I port? I don't have any media larger than 1.44M floppies, so
>> would I slice it up?

                   Instructions for copying WriteLog installation files to
floppies:

                     1.You will need 4 HD disks.
                     2.Unzip the WriteLog zip file into a new folder.
                     3.Starting from the bottom going up,
                     4.Copy the file Data4.cab onto floppy disk #4.
                     5.Copy the file Data3.cab onto floppy disk #3.
                     6.Copy the file Data2.cab onto floppy disk #2.
                     7.Copy all the other files on to floopy disk #1.  These
are:

                        inst32i.ex
                        isdel.exe
                        setup.dll
                        sys1.cab
                        user1.cab
                        data.tag
                        data1.cab
                        language.dat
                        layout.bin
                        os.dat
                        setup.exe
                        setup.ini
                        setup.ins
                        setupdll.dll

                   This makes a complete set of floppies for installing
                   WriteLog.

                   To install, place disk #1 into the drive and run setup.exe.

                   WriteLog will prompt you to insert the next disk when needed.

   The info above is also listed on our Web Page at the bottom of Downloads.

>> I also assume the program does NOT enter default CW messages after one
>> selects a contest, as NA does.

  Once you have setup your first contest you can always get the exchange
  msg's. When you start you next contest and your in CW/RTTY Messages
  Click Brouse and click on any contest you have already done. The same
  buffer msg's will then appear in your blank screen. After one year of
  contesting with WL you will have all the contests exchanges all setup
  in last years log. You can go get them an edit anything new you want..

   Hope this helps,

    73, de Ron K5DJ