[WriteLog] Bandmap - STAYS! - stuttering fixed - 10.14e

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmap - STAYS! - stuttering fixed - 10.14e
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:08:29 -0500
Imagine my delight when I opened 10.14e the first time just now and my
contesting "desktop" at 1280 x 1024 looked ALMOST like I last left it -
**INCLUDING 2 BANDMAPS!!!  The check call, check partial, and rates
windows weren't open, but when I (re)opened them, they appeared exactly
where I last left them on the screen in the prior version.

However, after I saved configuration, closed the program, then
reopened - (bear with me)... As the windows were starting to appear, I
saw the outlines briefly of the check call, check partial, and rates
windows in the correct location, but they ultimately did NOT appear.  If
I then selected them under VIEW, they came back to the correct screen
location.  Weird, eh?  So now the bandmaps open correctly, but it can't
QUITE remember what to do with check call, check partial, and rates
windows.  It also now DOCKS the Band Summary instead of remembering
where I left it elsewhere on the screen.  Oh well - it's easier to
reposition these than resizing and moving the bandmaps the way they used
to appear in previous versions.

The "stuttering problem" is much better.  It's still irregular when
idling, but doesn't stammer along in AFSK RTTY like the last version.
There's a delay (about 400ms??!) of single tone at the start and stop of
each F-message buffer in AFSK mode, but only at the start in FSK
mode...??  (My messages all begin with %R and end with %R%E.)  The
trailing prolonged tone could get irritating if you're monitoring your
own signal in a contest.  I'll stick with FSK for now, but the AFSK
seems improved.

So far - no MAJOR problems - THANKS to Wayne!  Hope to print a bunch of
you this weekend!  GL - 73

WA9ALS - John  jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)