[WriteLog] RTTY changing call?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY changing call?
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:47:25 +0000

Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 schrieb:

> Did anyone notice the following this weekend?
>
> Rttyrite print example:   WE9V DE W1ABC W2ABC W2ABC K
> Of course, Rittyrite highlights W1ABC, but since W2 printed twice,
> it's a good chance it was W2ABC.
> I would manually type in W2ABC and press INSERT.
> Writelog would remove my W2ABC and replace it with W1ABC and start
> sending the exchange to W1ABC.
>
> Is this a feature that I'm unaware of?  Can I turn it off?
>
> I would think that if you typed in a call and pressed INSERT,
> it would go back to the call you typed in.  This happened to
> me countless times throught the contest, but not 100% of the
> time.  Using 10.14E.  (Mouse clicking worked fine on the correct call.)
>
> Also, I've recieved zero answers/suggestions on mixer settings
> in .ini for RTTY vs. SSB.  (Greatly different levels.  Can WL
> .ini automatically change the mixer to accomodate these two
> different level settings?)  Can anyone help?
>
> Chad  WE9V

I found this also vy often over the last 2 contests with writelog.
When you type a call by hand in the callwindow, sometimes write-
log overwrite this with some highlighted letters. Sometimes this are
wrong. Even when you write a call by hand and then press INSERT,
the written call is overwritten with the highlighted letters.
Example:

Get the answer DJ7AA de K1XYZ K1XYZ K1XYZ, the K1XY only highlightet,
not the last letter, than when you click with the mouse on the call,
only K1XY comes in the logwindow, but it was definatly K1XYZ !!
When you types the call by hand, and press INSET for your exchange
the call also overwritten.
Best choice on this to press F2 for excange.
I missing on writelog some key like in WF1B, POS1 Key put (like a mouse
click) the highlight call in the logwindow and DON'T start the
transmission (Like INSERT key)
Sometimes key operation is faster than a mouse...
But you have to proof very carfully before enter the call,
what is in your call window.

73 Wil DJ7AA