[WriteLog] Need info

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need info
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:24:44 -0600
I assume you mean on RTTY.  Or perhaps you can now put calls
into the entry window on CW when using CW Decode in the
RTTYrite window.

In any case, the only other way I know of (there may be
other ways I don't know of), to put callsigns into the Entry
Window, other than by mouse, is to hit the 'Insert' key.  But
in order to use this function you must make sure you have the
correct line in your Writelog.ini file under [Configuration]
and it looks like this:

SendCallExchangeKey=3

Where the number 3 is the function key location where you
have your exchange buffer.  In this case, I use F3 for my
exchange when I am running (CQ'ing):

%C 599-%3-%3 DE AA5AU BK%E

So now when a call is highlighted in the RTTYrite window, all
you have to do is hit the Insert key and the call is put
automatically into the Entry Window and the contents of F3
are sent out in one easy step.  I use this feature A LOT with
two radios.

You don't have to use F3, you can use any available function key
(not sure if SHIFT functions work, have never tried them).

Other important things to know.  What if you call CQ and
more than one station comes back to you?  Someone correct me
if I'm wrong here.  If say, two stations come back to you and
both highlight green (they are either not new multipliers or
WriteLog cannot determine if they are multipliers yet).
WriteLog will capture the last call highlighted.  If one call
is highlighted green and one yellow, WriteLog will always
capture the new multiplier and send that exchange when the
Insert key is hit.

If for some reason a station calls you that is a dupe and
the call is highlighted in red and you want to go ahead and
work him anyway, WriteLog will not put the call into the
Entry Window with the Insert key.  You must use the mouse.

There are two other lines that can be added to the WriteLog.ini
file just like the SendCallExchange=N line.  They are:

CqFunctionKey=9
QrzFunctionKey=4

I'm not so sure what the CqFunctionKey does (it's probably
something really neat I should be using but don't yet).  The
other, QrzFunctionKey=N, where again N is the function key
where you have your buffer that confirms you copied the other
stations exchange OK and you are calling QRZ? for the next
QSO.  I use F4 like this:

%C QSL TU QRZ? DE AA5AU K%E

The QrzFunctionkey=N is associated with the '+' key located on
the numeric keypad of your keyboard on the far right hand side.
When you hit this key, WriteLog automatically logs the contact
with the station whose call is in the Entry Window and sends out
the contents of your QRZ message, in my case, F4.

I should know what CqFunctionKey=N does, anyone know?

73, Don AA5AU