[WriteLog] Problems with Sound Board Voice Keying

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problems with Sound Board Voice Keying
From: kg0us@swbell.net (Dave Rich)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:54:51 -0600
I would like to thank Steve, Ric, and Jim for their comments.  I edited
the wave files using the Creative Wave Studio.  The voice keying is now
faster but still is not quite up to snuff.  I wanted to use this for
when I needed to say the DX stations callsign during the exchange.

Example:

Oscar Mike Three Charlie Hotel Papa    Five Nine Mike Oscar

I wonder if most of the time I could get away with skipping the callsign
and just giving the signal report and exchange??

I have a new problem.  I created a f6 wave file in the same directory as
the number and phonetic letter wave files.  The f6.wav file contains
"Five Nine  Mike Oscar."  How do I get Writelog to play this wave file?
I looked at the SSB messages and F6: presently has <f6.wav>.  I had
already got the phonetic callsign thing to work by placing a %c in F5.
When I press F5 it works fine but when I press F6 nothing happens.  To
make matters worse, once I press F6 then F5 no longer works anymore.  I
guess Writelog goes off in to laa laa land because it can not find the
wave file in F6.  It would be nice if a dialog box would appear to give
you some indication as to what you did wrong and to give the operator a
chance to cancel the operation.  The only way I have found to get out of
this mess is to close out Writelog and restart Writelog again.  This is
not something I wish to do during a contest if I press the wrong
function button.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong with F6 and how
to get thing back in order if I press a improperly described function
key is pressed?

Thank You,

Dave Rich KG0US
kg0us@swbell.net