[WriteLog] Problem with Power Field

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with Power Field
From: joens@thecia.net" <joens@thecia.net (Michael C. Joens)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:14:31 -0500
I'm having a really hard time in ARRL DX. When I click on a packet spot,
sometimes the power field is getting preset WITH THE WRONG POWER! This is
horribly aggravating. I know that presetting the power field is new in
10.15, but that should only be for stations I worked before and then the
power from the previous QSO. This problem appears to be random and I have
not figured out a pattern yet. Too busy running the contest.

Having the field preset with the wrong data is worse than having it blank
because now you have to delete the wrong information first before entering
the correct data. Plus, there is a very high risk of logging the wrong
power! Before, it would flag when you hit enter and the power is blank. But
now there is (wrong) data there and no warnig whatsoever.

As I said, this is extremely aggravating. Too late to fix it now. I
normally don't stop a contest for email, but I need a break from this. OK,
now I've vented, back to the contest.

Michael, K1JE

PS: Other than this new problem, I love WriteLog.