[WriteLog] Paddle Input Capability?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Paddle Input Capability?
From: n5nj@gte.net (n5nj@gte.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:02:45 -0500 (EST)
Chad - you've got to be kidding !

Have you heard of single-op two radio ?  It's the rage now in all classes of
competition CW, SSB, RTTY etc.

I'd rather have an outboard keyer that is completely independent from the
Computer so it can be easily set to be at a slow speed i.e.; via a big knob
instead of through some keyboard method.  To interrupt the computer, you press
Esc and can immediately send on the keyer.  Not a problem.

I also like having the ability to program in different memories on the keyer
with a longer CQ, or anything else - all of this without changing anything on
the computer which I use 99.9% of the time.

73,
Bob N5NJ