[WriteLog] Tell me how WL and your sound board misbehave

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Tell me how WL and your sound board misbehave
From: ct1aoz@netzero.pt (ct1aoz (netZero))
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:23:16 -0000
Hi Wayne,

I will answer in your questionable order

1- only 1

2- any one  ( I try all  )

3- this happen only in SSB

4- don't use ''echo mic'' feature.
-------------------------xx------------------------xx-----------------------
-------

Here is a more detailed description of the problems I have noticed here.

I have a MSG5.wav  recorded with '' five nine kilowatt ''
I have in the Memory Setup in the F5 row: %C<MSG5.WAV>

and here becomes the phantom:

1- Without any call in the Entry window, if I click in F5 it sends the
<MSG5.WAV> very well.
2- With a call in the Entry Window it sends ONLY the call . NOT SEND the
<MSG5.WAV>.
3- If I insert 2 letters ( only 2 letters for example W5 ) of the station
call , and press F5 key and insert so fast as I can the other letters ( For
example XD ) to complete the call the full call is transmitted  AND the
<MSG5.WAV> is transmitted too.
4- If I insert a 3 letters call for example A1A in the Entry window and
press F5 all is transmitted '' the call and <MSG5.WAV>'' ( ALFA ONE ALFA
FIVE
NINE KILOWATT ).
5- If I insert more than 3( three ) letters ONLY the call is transmitted.
The < MSG5.WAV> is not transmitted.
6- A call so long as AA0XXX/AA9/P is all transmitted, but >MSG5.WAV> is not.

7- After an exhaustive test, '' I THINK '' the full message ( CALL and
<MSG5.WAV> ) to be transmitted, is limited to the LENGTH of 3 letters in the
entry window.

The above is truth . I have made all  the tests several times in a different
days just to prove to myself I was not wrong or making or screw around.

I don't know if my #7 makes any sense to you...

So I hope the above description helps you to solve this problem...

my best regards and hope to hear from you

73 de Jose CT1AOZ

Jose Albuquerque
ct1aoz@netzero.pt
ICQ: 4334073