[WriteLog] PK 88

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK 88
From: estearns1@home.com (Ned Stearns)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:54:00 +0000
Mary, et al

AEA TNC's (PK-88, PK232, ...) are not totally compatible with most
others. There are different commands to the TNCs for some of the packet
controls. Somewhere along the line in the early days of packet radio,
AEA deviated from the "WA8DED" command standards and it's been a source
of frustration to a lot of users. I used to swear by AEA controllers in
those early days, but have since thrown in the towel. I suggest you look
for an MFJ 1270B or any Baycom conroller. Most station integration
software, like WriteLog, have pretty much pretty much been written to
use the WA8DED interface as the standard to control TNC's. I see 1270B's
at hamfests for $25.

Good luck.

Ned Stearns
AA7A