[WriteLog] RTTY trouble

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY trouble
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:40:08 -0000
Hi all - Sometime between the January ARRL RTTY Roundup and a
few weeks ago, Writelog RTTY broke in my system. It is set for SB
FSK, and produces no output, but copies fine. When I try to
change TU to Stereo FSK, or AFSK, it crashes (error message
says invalid instruction in RTTYRITE9.EXE). Interestingly, if I click
on RTTYRITE9.EXE alone, RTTY works fine.

I've tried deleting WL and reinstalling a full version, recreating my
writelog.ini file from scratch, closing various programs on the task
bar, such as Quicken download mgr, etc. to no avail.

I'm running Win98 on a Dell PII-450 with a Turtle Beach Montego
A3D sound card.

I wonder if anyone else is using the same sound card and has run
RTTY recently?

I'm in the process of downloading updated SB drivers (16 meg!) and
that's my next step. Any other ideas appreciated...

Tnx/Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com