[WriteLog] F2.WAV vs MSG2.WAV in Version 10.16

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] F2.WAV vs MSG2.WAV in Version 10.16
From: aheatwole@hns.com (Antony J. Heatwole)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 09:40:02 -0400
This has got to be a dumb question - I can't find anything in the archives
on it, but . . .

I've downloaded and installed Version 10.16 after using Version 10.14. The
release notes for Version 10.16 say:

    "If you are upgrading to this version from previous versions:
    You need to rename all files F2.WAV through F11.WAV to MSG2.WAV
    through MSG11.WAV."

Sure enough, when I *record* a WAV file, it names it MSG2.WAV, for Function
Key 2, for example, instead of the previous F2.WAV. However, when I attempt
to *play* the WAV file by pressing F2, it gives me an error message saying
that it can't find F2.WAV. If I rename the MSG2.WAV file to F2.WAV, it plays
it just fine.

What's going on?

73, Tony Heatwole, N3FX