[WriteLog] DXTelnet with WriteLog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DXTelnet with WriteLog?
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 05:50:45 -0700
Don, DXTelnet runs DXT2WL.EXE. You have to configure
DXTelnet to run DXT2WL.EXE in place of DX Hunter.
I do not have DX Hunter. There is a help file that comes
with DXT2WL.EXE. It is DXT2WL.TXT. That tells you how
to configure DXTelnet and WriteLog.
First run DXT2WL.EXE once and it will register itself.
Edit the WriteLog.ini file in C:\Windows.

5) Edit the C:\WINDOWS\WRITELOG.INI file and add the following
couple of lines:

[OBJECTS]
pktObject=DXT2WL.clsWlPacket

Run DXTelnet.
Run WriteLog. Open the packet window. Press F9. That location is usually:
C:\DXTELNET\DXT2WL\
Select configuration in DXTelnet. Select links. Enable link in the DX Hunter
box. Set the DX-Hunter installation path to C:\DXTELNET\DXT2WL\.
Press save. Exit DXtelnet and writelog.
Run DXTelnet. Run WriteLog. Select view. Select packet window. Select
packet spots. Now you can double click on a packet spot and it will set
your transceiver to the correct frequency and mode for that packet spot.
WriteLog is not easy to use but it gets the job done.
The last time I tried it within seconds I was decoding a CW DX station
using RTTYRite.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF