[WriteLog] ANARTS Log preparation

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ANARTS Log preparation
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:53:50 -0500
WriteLog Users:

In the ANARTS rules, it states that the logs much be
separate by band.  It does not clarify if you can electronically
send in one log that is sorted by band or if you have to send
in a log for each band.  I interpret the rules to state just as
they are:

"Summary sheet must show: Callsign of station, name and address of operator,
bands used (a separate log is required for each band), the points claimed for
each band, the number
of countries worked on each band, the number of continents worked and details
of VK BONUS
calculations for World Stations."

WriteLog is not set up to make the five separate log files for
each band.  You have to save the log by band into an ASCII text
file, then "chop" it up into 5 separate ASCII text files for each
band naming them callsign.80, callsign.40, callsign.20, etc.  You
then must attach these 5 files along with a callsign.sum summary
sheet file and a callsign.dup dupe sheet file (if over 75 contacts)
to an E-mail and sent to:  ctdavies@one.net.au

If you are unfamiliar with how to do this or if you need help in
preparing your ANARTS logs for electronic submission, I have
created detailed instructions for a friend of mine and would be
happy to forward these instructions to you if you so desire.  Just
I will forward them to you.  Just change the callsign of my friend's
to yours and all should go OK.

The only problem that might be incurred is if you are using an
AOL account.  I know from past experience that AOL normally
zips all files together when more that one file is transmitted as
an attachment to an E-mail.  ANARTS asks that the files NOT be
zipped, so perhaps we can find help with someone familiar with
AOL to get around this.

You can find the rules at:
http://web.one.net.au/~ctdavies/contestrules.htm

73, Don AA5AU