[WriteLog] FD2000 VA3RAC Ottawa Canada

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FD2000 VA3RAC Ottawa Canada
From: glenn.mcleod@crc.ca (Glenn Mcleod)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:57:44 -0400
This is a heads up for all of the individuals and clubs that will be
operating Field Day this coming weekend . VA3RAC the Radio Amateurs of
Canada call sign will be on the air from 1400 local Saturday to 1400 Sunday.

We will be operating from the Museum of Science and Technology and will
have a digital signal on all bands from 160M  to 70 CM.  Please try to make
as many contacts as possible as we will be sending out certificates to all
stations that work VA3RAC on 5 of more bands on any single mode . For those
people in upper New York State and Vermont make sure to give those beams a
work out by looking North. The grid square is FN25 Our 2M meter 13 element
beam will be at a "altitude" of 220 feet on the top of a 110 Ton boom Crane
courtesy of Dulepka Equipment Rentals and Frank Sved VE3GID. A picture of
this set up will be on our web page at WWW.FD200.ORG shortly after the
official opening of the site at 1400 local Saturday. We will be using
Writelog logging software for all of our stations courtesy of Ron and Wayne

  We will be handling informal and formal traffic so if you have friends in
the area please feel free to send a message through VA3RAC.

Good luck and a successful Field Day to all that participate.

Glenn McLeod  VE3GLN

Co Chair FD2000 Organizing Committee

  Email:  VE3GLN@RAC.CA
Phone:  613-746-3776 after 1800 and before 2100 Eastern Standard Time