[WriteLog] Merge of FD Logs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Merge of FD Logs
From: epearson@ezylink.com (Eric Pearson)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:59:54 -0700
At 03:58 PM 6/26/00 , Joe Duerbusch wrote:
>But there has to be a simply way to do this.
>
>If Wayne would give me the file layout for the *.wl files or
>the *.tqs files, then I could format those files from the text
>files and then import it into WL.

Joe,

I combine our multi/multi logs from CQP every year using
the File/Merge command.  You should be able to do that
with your Field Day logs too.  Alternatively you can use
the File/Import command if you create TQS compatible files
of each of your separate logs.

Here is how to make a TQS file:

1. Use "Setup/Display format" and check all the boxes.
    (QSL info, TX freq and Mode are usually not checked)

2. Use "Contest/Exchange Format setup" and check "Print"
    for the M, Country and C fields.  Be sure to hit "Save"
    after checking the Print box each time.

3. Use "File/Export" (or File/Save as) and create a file
    of type "ASCII with no formatting, by time."  Give it
    a name with a ".tqs" extension or rename it later.

You now have a TQS format file that you can File/Import into
another log of the same contest.  Of course backup your log
files before you start making any changes!  Hope this helps.

73,
Eric - K6EP