[WriteLog] msvcp50.dll + while 10.18A vs. B vs. C

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] msvcp50.dll + while 10.18A vs. B vs. C
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:23:09 -0000
Oops. In 10.18, I unknowingly made WL depend on msvcp50.dll when it never
had in the past. I have built a new installer that has that file in it. That
new installer is what you get from the WL10.18 install on
http://www.writelog.com/downloads.htm now.

If you already have successfully installed and run the 10.18B download, you
do NOT need the new one.

The new zip file is WL1018CUPG.ZIP. And the "C" in that name is part of the
explanation for why Help About... says 10.18A.  The Help About... is just
the version number for one file in the kit, Writel32.exe. That file almost
always changes in every build, so Help About... is almost always right. You
might notice the RTTY window also has a Help About... with a version number.
Its also not 10.18B. You can find the version of any executable file in
WriteLog by opening the Windows explorer on WriteLog's \programs directory,
right click on any dll, exe, or ocx file, then select "Properties" and
switch to the "Version" tab.

Sorry for the inconvenience. What happened with the new DLL is that I didn't
know I had introduced the dependency and then all our beta testers happened
to have the file already on their disks...

Wayne, W5XD