[WriteLog] RTTY receive problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY receive problems
From: rbiggar@xtra.co.nz (Ross Biggar)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:51:08 +0000
Firstly I would like to thank all those who took the time to write, and
give help on my problems with tuning  using writelog and ritty. It
really shows the value of a reflector
such as this.

To answer some of the queries. I am not new to RTTY having used the mode
for virtually 20 years.
My current equipment, apart from a Pentium and soundcard, includes a
PK232MBX a PK900, various scopes etc and I am using an FT1000MP for
transmitting, (plus linear and 6 element beam)
I have always found the use of an external scope to be an invaluable aid
for tuning, and a number of replies mentioned this.

My latest query, ( I seem to remember an email on this, but cant find
it,)  Is it possible to use an external scope ( feeding the X-Y axis)
and use the sondcard to decode.??  possibly using the  external scope
output on the Pk232 or PK900.

Best wishes to all
Ros Biggar
ZL1WN