[WriteLog] NAQP Info..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NAQP Info..
From: k5dj@writelog.com (Ron, K5DJ)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:29:46 -0400 (EDT)
 I thought I better tell you about this asap.. When you make a
 cabrillo format  before or after this weekends test, make sure
 you DON'T put both your first and last name in the slot called
 Name. I check RTTY NAQP Logs and we had a problem with this.
 If you put both your first and last names in the Name slot it
 will show up on the Cabrillo format as the name you used.

 Example of what WL's looks like:

 North American QSO Party
 Valid QSOs:
 Multipliers:
 Score:
 Name:  Ron
 State/Province/Country:  STX   (for K5DJ in South Texas)

 To take a quick look at it. Have WL running select NAQP Test, click
 contest, select mode, click Cabrillo file, (when the window comes up
 that says: "Use Contest Parameter Setup first", click OK.. In the
 Name box only put the name you used or will use in the contest. If
 you use Ron only put Ron in the Name field. If I was to put
 Ron Stailey, K5DJ when the Cabrillo log checker looks at it, it would
 look like you used Ron Stailey, K5DJ as you exchange name.

 I'm not sure what the Cabrillo S/W the log checkers use for CW/SSB will
 do if this problem exists in CW/SSB modes. The Cabrillo Log checker we
 use in RTTY mode has been modified so we can convert logs that doesn't
 support cabrillo at all into a cabrillo format, such as RTTY by WF1B
 and OH2GI Ham-System. There are others. We ask unsupported S/W cabrillo
 S/W users to send us there .ALL file, (this is what WF1B uses and I'm
 using it as an example.) we can convert the .all file to cabrillo format
 in less than second.

 What we are using supports any S/W that already has Cabrillo format such
 as: WriteLog, TR, NA, CT and converts RTTY by WF1B & OH2GI Ham-System to
 cabrillo format, plus a lot of other things that comes in handy when
 check logs.

 Soooo, just put the name you us in NAQP in the name slot or it could
 cause a little problem.

 Just a little free advice, take it for what it's worth..

  Good luck to all in NAQP test this weekend,

  73, de Ron K5DJ