[WriteLog] IARU mult bug

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IARU mult bug
From: sbabb@lpub.com (Scott Babb)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 20:37:33 -0400
In the IARU, both the 3A2K (Monaco) and ER7HQ (Moldova)
HQ stations used "ARM" as their society identifier.

WriteLog doesn't see the distinction between the two
countries, and it counts "ARM" as only one multiplier.
To get around this, I entered ER7HQ as "ARM2" and then
manually edited the Cabrillo file to fix it, once the
score was correct.

I've heard that CT has the same problem.  I sure hope
the scoring software at the IARU knows the difference!

73,
Scott Babb - KE1KD
sbabb@lpub.com