[WriteLog] ACQ and ACI

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ACQ and ACI
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:57:08 -0400
I got about 10 replies re the ACQ and ACI codes in K8DX's recent
e-mail. It's about 50/50 on seeing them.
Apparently, MS Outlook turns them into quotes and dollar signs.
Many of us just see weird letter combinations, and some thought it
was some Internet or Writelog shorthand that they just didn't know
the meaning.
I think it's best to turn off HTML and fancy formatting, as the codes
appear not to be universally accepted.
I'm not going to summarize any more "I see it" and "I don't see it,"
so no more replies necessary :.)
73 Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com