[WriteLog] USB-serial recs?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB-serial recs?
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:45:22 -0500
Shopping for my first laptop.  Looks like they only have one physical
serial connector.  I assume they use the other standard COM port for the
modem.

Thus I also assume that if a ham wants more serial ports to use from a
laptop, the USB port is the way to go.

Any recs for a USB to serial ports device that has worked well with
Writelog and other ham Windows programs, e.g. DX4WIN etc.?

This has been discussed some before, and I know some have had some
problems.  To save possibly redundant bandwidth, please reply DIRECTLY
to me.  THANKS  73