[WriteLog] USB to multiple serial ports??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB to multiple serial ports??
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:40:04 -0500
YEP!  I have a Rocketport PCI serial card through which I control a
PK-232MBX on COM 5 - works fine.  I was just disappointed that this
relatively expensive card won't send FSK from Writelog, and I want to
help others avoid doing something they might regret.

I have an interface on COM 2 that sends PTT and FSK signals to my MP.  I
can't put that same cable on any of the Rocketport ports.

I also control my MP through COM 6 via the Rocketport.  However, I've
never been able to control my Icom 706MKIIG through the Rocketport -
only through the "lower" com ports 1-4, but I don't understand why!  73