[WriteLog] WriteLog sharing LPT1: with Printer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog sharing LPT1: with Printer
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 00:34:38 EDT
My previous printer was an Oki OL600e, and I was very unsuccessful at
playing printer driver gymnastics to disconnect the printer and get WriteLog
to send cw out LPT1 to the rig during a contest, and then get the printer
working again after the contest.

It's time for a new printer, and I would appreciate any tips on printers
that have friendlier drivers and can manage to allow WriteLog to output on
LPT1: when the printer is not needed (I am leaning toward an HP or Epson ink
jet).  Or perhaps general comments on the topic.  Can Win98 Hardware
Profiles be used to help the situation?

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU
www.qsl.net/n1eu