[WriteLog] PK 232 Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK 232 Question
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 30 Aug 2000 10:30:43 -0700
I am not sure of what you want to do,, but Writelog does exit out of host mode
and back into command mode when the program exits.

If you want to know how to exit out of Host mode on the PK-232, if you go to
the command section of the PK-232 under HOST there are two commands that will
put you back in command mode.

I am at work and don't have my manual here.

Joe K0BX

On Wed, 30 August 2000, "Titus, Lin" wrote:

> As I understand the way Writelog works, it places the PK 232 Terminal Unit
> into a "HOST" mode of operation prior to sending/receiving rtty through the
> PK 232.
>
> Does anyone know to turn off the HOST mode prior to exiting Writelog so the
> PK 232 can be used by PC PakRATT or some of the other software programs such
> as Logic5
>
> I asked TIMEWAVE if they had any ideas as to how to do it and they said
> their own programs (ie PC PakRATT for Windows, etc) use a command  called
> "HOST mode on exit" OFF or "Terminal mode on exit". I tried these but they
> don't work for me.
>
> I can reset the PK 232 by disconnecting the internal battery and waiting a
> couple of minutes before reconnecting it but that then means all the
> settings such as MYCALL, baud rate, etc must be put in again - ie not a very
> convenient solution.

> Lin  VE9FX
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html