[WriteLog] Serial port connection to Packet Cluster

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial port connection to Packet Cluster
From: W1RM@HOME.COM (Peter Chamalian)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 06:25:43 -0400
I run a packetcluster node and have been linking the cluster computer with
my logging computer for years.  On the logging computer (the one running
WriteLog) you simply use the same port and setup you currently have for the
TNC (note the speed).  On your node computer, select the port you wish to
use for the output connection (assume COM1 here).  When you type
enable/console2 com1 4800 the node will then put all packet output on com1
at 4800 baud.  To turn it off (which you need to do when you shut your
logging computer off) simply type disable/console2.

>From your logging computer, you have the same control as if you were at the
node.