[WriteLog] Tuning Upgrade for FT1000D

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Tuning Upgrade for FT1000D
From: W6FFH@aol.com (W6FFH@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:02:52 EDT
To: Dan N3ND

Didn't get ur e-mail address so am sending to reflector.
May be others that are interested in finer tuning for the
FT1000D. The website address that I got from WT4I was:

http://www.qth.com/irsd/mods-upgrades.html#tuning

This is for International Radio Service Division.

The lowest rate for the FT1000D is 10 kHz per revolution.
The mod will give you three automatically selected rates
2.5, 10, and 25 kHz /rev. If you spin the knob fast, you get
25, I guess if you turn it slower you get 10, and for zeroing in
you get 2.5.

This is a long way from the 1000MP according to the input
from Scot, K9JY. He says the MP has selectable rates for
both the main and sub receivers that go way down to .625 Hz
per rev. Wow. Oh well, that's progress!
At least the 2.5 kHz will help my 69+ year old fingers tune
a little better and it's a lot cheaper than a new rig!!

Let me know what tou think when you look it over.
73,
Don  W6FFH
e-mail w6ffh@aol.com