[WriteLog] Dumb Terminal???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dumb Terminal???
From: no2tj@CYBERNEX.NET (Jerry Jankowitz)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:03:39 -0400
How do you set up the "Dumb Terminal" in Writelog?  I have not been able
to talk or listen to it.

My setup at present is:

<smaller>COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x

COM2:=1200,n,8,1,

COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x

COM4:=9600,n,8,1,

Comm4offset=0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

 By the way what does the comm4offset mean?

</smaller>In addition  the setup for the terminal screen is:

<smaller>[Rttyrite2]

FontHeight=15

Port=4

Speed=0

Type=1

FSK_POLARITY=0

HIGH_TONES=1

X=382

Y=-2

W=432

H=380

PTT_END_HOLD=25

PTT_BEGIN_HOLD=5

;tncinit1=RTTY

        So far tried Hypertrm, Logger, MMTTY, even a simple basic program. No
life either talking or receiving. What haven't I done?

        If I use the DSP4100 it receives data from the other terminal but does
not allow sending from Writelog. Needless to say both the PK-232 and KAM
modes try to initialize into hast modes, fail and then go to sleep.

        Using a PK-232 and the PK-232 mode works so the Com port is being
recognized by the program. Using the port with other programs works
smoothly. But so far The correct buttons have not been pressed to make
the "Dumb Terminal" work.

        Any suggestions would be appreciated.

                73 de Jerry NO2T

</smaller>