[WriteLog] Still need help with summary report

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Still need help with summary report
From: W6FFH@aol.com (W6FFH@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 22:40:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/2000 9:41:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
VinceK6BIR@aol.com writes:

<< I would like to thank all the replies that I received, it was much better
 that my first effort to get an answer to this problem, but I still can not
 create a summary report, I fail to mention in my previous post as to the
 problem here, I go to the menu to create a summary report and click on it
 which brings up Note Pad, and the file to be named and where to place it, I
 named the as it is in the file, but when I try to save it, it come back
 saying it cannot find this file, C:\Ham-Writelog\Contest\CQP00, this happens
 if I use RTF file or TXT file.
 The only reason that I had used Writelog for this contest was because CT and
 NA where not working correctly either, they use to work good, it seems that
 every time improvements are made to these programs, something else goes
wrong
 with them, I like contesting, but if the programs are not working, then I
 will not be doing them, the only program that I have found to work without
 all the problems has been RTTY by WF1B, one that I can recommend to anyone
 for RTTY contesting, it may only be a DOS program, but it runs without the
 problems of the others, and when there is a problem support has been there.

 Thanks and 73

 Vince,  K6BIR

 -- >>

Vince, I'd sure like to help with your problem. To say that I haven't had a
problem
with summary sheet printout is like rubbing salt in the wound. I know how
frustrating problems like this are (I've had plenty myself). I recently tried
to help
SM2DU with a similar complaint. Didn't hear back, so don't know if I helped
or not. Sometimes I think it's just where the file is saved. To see if that's
your
case, please bear with me if I go over the steps I take.

First, you mention that when go to "menu" to create the report, I assume you
mean you go to "Contest", click and select "Create Summary Sheet".
Then you say that this brings up Notepad.

When I click on "Create Summary Sheet", I get a "Save As" dialog box that
lets you name and store the file somewhere.

I just re-started my CQ WW RTTY contest log and went through the above
sequence.
Sitting on my monitor is the "Save As" box. Now, I always select the "My
Documents" folder. Why? I don't know, I just like to keep them out of the
"Ham"
folder and somewhere easy for me to find. (I also store my log files there).

Now, I named my file "CQWWRTT2000" and the "Save as type:" box says
"RTF Files(*rtf). I just hit "Save". In this case since I already had it
stored there,
I got the "already exists, do you want to replace it" message. I'm saying Yes.
Now I get the summary sheet in all it's glory on my monitor in WordPad format.
I can now print it, edit it or whatever.

I imagine the only difference between what you do and what I do is in where
we store the file. I've never had a problem since I started storing the files
in Windows "My Documents".

I sure hope this input helps. Please let me know.

73 and good luck,

Don  W6FFH
e-mail w6ffh@aol.com