[WriteLog] Newbie desiring information on WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie desiring information on WriteLog
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:47:30 EDT
I don't have to be convinced that Writelog is a fine program.  I've read the
reviews and used it at a friends when we operated a RTTY contest.
I'm leaving in 11 days for XE3-land where I plan to operate the CQWW phone
contest.
 I'll be returning there to operate other contests later this fall and winter.
I have luggage weight and size constraints and would immediately switch from
my faithful NA contest logging program and unfaithful WJ20 logging program to
Writelog---
IF
I was very sure I could set up and use the Writelog voice keyer with my
Fujitsu Lifebook 280Dx laptop which has a 233 MHz processor, 32MB SDRAM, and
a Soundblaster compatible 16-bit stereo PCM/FM sound chip.
I'm at my airline size/weight limitation right now.  IF I were able to use
the Writelog voice keyer, I would not have to bring my FB W2IHY audio keyer
and would have room to bring a needed small TV rotator.
I could probably spend 10-20 hours during the next 12 days attempting to get
Writelog and the audio keyer running, BUT I'm not very good at such things
and would probably need telephone and email assistance.
QUESTION.......  Is it realistic to think I can get Writelog and its audio
keyer working this next week OR should I postpone using it until I return
from Mexico.
I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, and I certainly don't want to
be caught without operational software at my little DXpedition.
Thanks for your replies and assistance.
Doug  W0AH  Woodland Park CO