[WriteLog] Packet Spot Wish List

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet Spot Wish List
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 01:20:32 EST
Have to say the WriteLog performed beautifully for me this weekend.  One
minor glitch with SuperCheck not functioning that was cured by exiting and
reopening WL.  Much appreciation to Wayne and Ron for the great strides
taken over the last 18 months.  We really have come a long way.

Couldn't help but want a little more functionality out of the Packet spot
window.  A few ideas:

1. Add a "Q" after the frequency for all spots with a QSX freq, so USA
stations know beforehand who is listening up on 40/80M.

2. Add the capability to sort the spots by band and then by time, instead of
just by time as it does now when selecting "All Bands".

Filtering out-of-band spots was discussed in a previous thread.  Again, I
have to remark that the set/filter command does not work effectively with
Telnet nodes - don't know why - I tried three AR-Cluster nodes and they
still passed WARC, CW, and VHF spots even though they acknowledged that
filtering had been turned on by me.  I'll probably invest in DXTelnet as a
solution to this issue, since I understand that it will do the filtering
before passing the spots on to WriteLog.

73,
Barry  N1EU