[WriteLog] Packet enhancement request

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet enhancement request
From: ldh3@cornell.edu (Laurence 'Mike' Hammer)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:06:46 -0500
At 10:38 PM 11/2/00 -0500, Scott Babb wrote:
>Not that this has happened to me, mind you... Well, at
>least I've zeroed out the points and mults when it has.

Hey Scott,

Despite what the pundits howl I think everybody does it once in a
while.  One guy complained about others doing this on another list I was
on; funny since I'd heard him do it chasing a Saudi call the previous
day!  Kept my mouth shut then, today the more outspoken me would have
nailed him online.

I didn't push the qsx button hard enough on a 40m Euro this past weekend,
hit transmit and W6XR was looking over my shoulder.  Boy did he yell, right
as I saw it too.  Darn near came out of the chair.  He was right of course,
so I punched the split button harder and worked him.  What else can we do,
they're called honest mistakes.  If you don't make any you're not trying
hard enough.  I used to race motorcycles; if you didn't fall down once in a
while you weren't finding the edge.

The really funny ones to me are when you're doing an SSB test, a RTTY spot
pops up, you hit it, see the freq, hear the deedles and then a bunch of
voices calling...  ;)))  Heard that a few times in the CQWW.  Listening
first is definately the way to go.

73 de Mike N2VR