[WriteLog] Interfacing OMNI VI (?) with computer?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Interfacing OMNI VI (?) with computer?
From: knut.baczko@t-online.de (Knut Baczko)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 00:20:27 +0100
Hello,
unfortunately I cannot interface my OMNI VI (model 563) with the computer.
When I choose OMNI VI in WL nothing happens at all.
The same hapens when selecting OMNI V. Only when I select the so called "matrix"
mode on the OMNI
one sees a reaction of the computer i.e. it displays different frequencies. But
they are crazy
for instance 13.565.
For interfacing I am using a "serial modem cable" which works with a TNC  and
the PTC II modem.
Is this ok?
The OMNI is set to 2400 baud and WL to automatic.
73 Knut DK5AD/OE2BZL