[WriteLog] CW PTT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW PTT
From: ki0mi@earthlink.net (Eric Raub)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:18:56 -0600
I appreciate the responses, but it appears the answer to my question must be
no considering that everyone has sent the same response.  I was already
using the parallel interface, and had already  tried what has been
suggested.  The radio is still running QSK even with the largest delay
possible.   What I want is for the radio to key,  send the CW and have about
a 250 ms delay at the end before dropping back to RX.  The reason being  I
have a Yaesu FT-920 which uses several  mechanical relays that switch the RF
through the automatic ATU and between TX and RX.  The sound is horrible (the
only thing I really dislike about the rig).  I'm concerned about the
ultimate failure of the relays considering they take a hard beating at 30
wpm.

Any hope this feature could be implemented?

73, NM0X