[WriteLog] Packet Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet Problem
From: lindmeie@bellatlantic.net (John Lindmeier)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:39:07 -0500 (EST)
Hello All,

I hope everyone had a great contest this past weekend.

I ran Writelog for the first time in a major DX contest this past weekend.
It ran fine except for one problem.

Several times I logged CW contacts as phone contacts.  The contact would be
logged with a red "B" next to the QSO number and the signal report would be
59 instead of 599.  The QSO would be listed as zero points.  After I
realized what was happening, I watched the entry window and every so often,
the signal report would change to 59 for a second and change back to 599.
This seemed to happen whenever a phone spot came in over packet.

My setup is a TS570D on COM2, TNC on COM1, CW keying on LPT1.  Computer is a
Pentium II 166Mhz with 32MB memory running Win98SE.  The version of Writelog
is 10.18.

Two questions:

1 - How do I fix these contacts in the log ??

2 - How can I prevent this from happening again ??

73's - John - WA3KPP