[WriteLog] TARA RTTY SPRINT module

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TARA RTTY SPRINT module
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:09:21 -0600
Wayne, N2WK, quickly pointed out to me that there is a
TARA RTTY Sprint module already available in WriteLog.

I've always used the ARRL RTTY Roundup module since the
rules are nearly identical with some differences.

There are two differences I now see in the TARA RTTY Sprint and
the ARRL RTTY Roundup.  The TARA RTTY Sprint is RTTY ONLY
whereas the ARRL RTTY Roundup includes some of the other
digital modes other than RTTY (so why don't they call it the ARRL
Digital Roundup???) such as PSK31, Amtor, ASCII and Packet.

The other difference between the two contests is that multi-op
stations have a 10 minute band change rule in the TARA Sprint but
the Roundup uses a 6 band change per hour rule for mult-op's.

Wayne or Ron - can you tell us, is there any difference in the two
modules other than the name?  Or perhaps someone else
might know the answer to this.  It might have something to do with
differentiating the difference between say RTTY and PSK31 contacts
within the ARRL RTTY Roundup module.  I simply don't know.

Thanks Wayne for pointing this out.

One other thought... why doesn't the ARRL include MFSK, Hell and Pactor?

73,
Don Hill, AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/