[WriteLog] CW problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW problem
From: k1xt@hotmail.com (bill thomas)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:38:48 -0600
I am using Writelog version 10.19, 1000mp, Compaq p150, Windows 98, and am
unable to send CW over the comm port.  I can control the rig and key it, but
no CW is sent.  I have selected PC generates and I use a 9 pin to 9 pin
connection to comm port one.  I only use a single radio and have no other
devices such as packet TNC connected.  The manual shows the use of a 4n33
isolator to control the rig and use cw on the same port.  I have not done
this as yet.  I will assume this is necessary though I have read posts where
it is not mentioned for sending cw.  So what a I doing wrong?  Do I really
need the 4n33 in line?  I have only been using Writelog for one month, so I
am new to this and apologize if this has been covered before.  But I can't
seem to find anything in the archives to confirm that everyone is using a
4n33 in line for cw.

Thanks....  Bill Thomas   k1xt@hotmail.com