[WriteLog] KG4WK appears as Guantanamo Bay

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] KG4WK appears as Guantanamo Bay
From: dmcduff@gate.net (Douglas A. McDuff)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:04:22 +0000
At 21:02 12/12/00 -0500, Richard Eckman wrote:

>Jeff wrote:
> > He is in FL so that has to be corrected in your logs also.
> >
> >       73, Jeff K1AM
>
>I was under the impression that all 2x2 KG4 calls were in Guantanamo Bay. In
>any event, KG4WK doesn't show up in either qrz.com or on the arrl.org
>callsign server. My guess is that this was a miscopied call.

Hello All,

I would also suspect a miscopied call.  All 2X2 KG4's are only issued to
Gitmo.  Further, I am not aware of WK having yet been issued--though will
follow-up with the callsign admin on Gitmo to confirm.

FYI, a search of the FCC database is of no value.  Gitmo licenses are not
issued by the FCC, but rather on-base by a callsign admin.  By way of
example, my license is valid through 11/2006, yet I don't show in the FCC
ULS service.  I had my callsign added to Buckmaster, and I also believe to QRZ.

73, Doug W4OX / KG4OX