[WriteLog] Radio Setup FT990

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Radio Setup FT990
From: kk5vh@austin.rr.com (John Scott)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:37:30 -0600
Hi guys,

Been watching the reflector for some time and the advice looks great. Now
for me..

I have an FT990 connected via serial port (COM1:) and the software scans
the radio and all track nicely.

I cannot seem to get the software to transmit via the radio.
Pressing F keys does not make any difference and I cannot seem to find the
answer in the manual.

I would like to send both SSB and CW via the keyboard.
Can the software key the radio via a serial command fast enough to provide
CW??
I have recorded wav files for all letters and numbers and put them in wave
file area but I am not sure yet how to get the software to use them.
If I hit F2 to broadcast a message that I have recorded, the radio key to
the transmit mode and I get no modulation or end.  How I stop the system
from transmitting is to hit the esc key.

Any help out there??

Thanks

John KK5VH