[WriteLog] Xmitting RTTY from sound card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Xmitting RTTY from sound card
From: k1am@home.com (Jeff K1AM)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:33:32 -0500
        I'm trying to use my sound card to send RTTY into the (phone)
patch  jack on the FT-1000MP and can't get it to work. If I try to
xmit RTTY using VOX the xmitter keys and stays on the length of time
the xmission should last but no tones from the sound card to the
xmitter. If I use the PKT jack and key with a COM port all is ok so I
know tones are sent with this setup. I use the PATCH jack for SSB
xmission and all is ok. I suspect the problem is with the setup and
that this should work.
        Anyone have thoughts on this? Is anyone using the AF out to
sound card input and sound card speaker to PATCH jack on the FT-1000MP
with success?
        TIA and Happy Holidays to all,

        73, Jeff K1AM