[WriteLog] Working Dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Working Dupes
From: bob@cytanet.com.cy (Bob Henderson)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:45:05 +0300
When working in search & pounce I prefer to avoid calling dupes.  WL is
great for this with %B option.  However when I am running I prefer to work
dupes rather than make a meal out of explaining we have worked before with
the possibility that I am a busted call in the other stations log or perhaps
not in there at all.

Writelog doesn't seem to do this well or am I missing something?

My first approach was to remove %B from my exchange but WL still dupe checks
and halts.  Doesn't seem to be the answer.

My second approach was to use %D to pick the call up from the call field.
With this I can work dupes  BUT another problem arises.......I can no longer
continue adding characters to the call field after I have pressed return and
only that part of the call entered before the return key is pressed is sent.
Boy but does this slow things down.

Why is the call field buffering disabled when %D is used?  Anyone know?

Bob Henderson
5B4AGN/ZC4ZM/G3ZEM