[WriteLog] Audio recording questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Audio recording questions
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 23:39:02 -0000
WL would record your transmitted audio for you if your sound card
supported mixing signals on its recording side. But to this point
I have failed to find a sound card I can plug into my PC that actually
has such a feature. The 64 bit ISA Sound Blaster apparently does
have this feature, but my PC has no ISA slots, and none of the PCI
boards I have found has a mixer on its recording side. All sound
boards have mixers on their playback side, by the way.

So the only solution I know of is hardware: if you put an analog
mixer (several models are available at Radio Shack) between your
receiver audio and the sound board Line input, you can then mix
the Line Out audio so it gets recorded, too. That is, if you are
using WL to route your microphone signal. If you're not, the the
way to get the mic signal to the mixer would be different.

Wayne, W5XD