[WriteLog] Rig Interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Interfacing
From: K4ZW@Staffnet.com (Ken Claerbout)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 02:56:08 -0000
  I added a computer interface card to my Kenwood 940 so that I can computer
control it and the 1000 MP for SO2R contesting.
   The original com port (1) works fine with either the 1000MP or 940.
(this tells me the new 940 interface card is fine)  I added another serial
card to my pc in order to accommodate the second rig and a packet connection
if ever needed.  The card supplies com ports 3 & 5.  For some reason, I
can't get either rig to work on either port 3 or 5.  Com 3 worked fine for a
cw and packet interface so the card is ok.  I've gone into Writelog Port
Setup and configured the rigs.  I also went into the INI file and set
CommSlot3=3 which wasn't there.
   What am I missing?  I'm sure it's something simple but I've wasted enough
time trying to figure this out.

73
Ken K4ZW